Thursday, February 7, 2008

New Laptop

On Monday we received our new Dell Laptop computer. The HP laptop I have been using was given to me by my Dad about four years ago when it was time for him to upgrade. It has been servicible with a replaced hard drive and new battery getting us another year out of it but it has been freezing inexplicablly from time to time and it's power cord is so worn that it only charges the computer if you arrange it just right. We have desktop also but it was purchased before Emily started college and has 25% of the RAM reccomended for running Windows 95. So we decided it was time to get a new computer.

Our new Dell Laptop (left) doesn't look all that different (except for the duct tape on the power cord) from our old HP (right) but it functions on an entirely different level.

Emily played with it some on Monday night and yesterday I was able to get it set up to access the Multnomah internet network. It's very nice and we expect to be very happy with it. Thanks to Mom & Dad Hallsten who let us use their consumer report info. and my brother Dane who helped us determine what features to order. We feel like we got a good deal. It will be nice for me to be able to sit through a class without worrying about having my power cord nudged and my computer dying or having it randomly freeze in the middle of a lecture.


If anyone knows someone who is desperate for a free laptop that functions but has plenty of issues let us know. We'll be donating it (and probablly the desk top too) somewhere in the next 5 months.

No comments: